A contest for the ages

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2009-01-30/200901301233242969609.html

“It is sad to play one match like this and lose after five hours. But, you know, for the other side, I need to be proud for the tournament I made and the level I played today also. I think it was unbelievable match,” said Verdasco, who mustered enough smiles afterwards to suggest a well-developed sense of perspective. “You know, we both played unbelievable. I think Rafa, I said always, in these matches, five sets, he is the toughest player. And I was there all the time, too. So for sure I will have this match in my mind all my life.”

Comments

Charlotte CHEN said…
After the wonderful match, we are all moved again! How long we havent had a match like this? Full of power, nice serves back and forward, nice shots, concentrations, competitve...i can say that, when you say nothing at all...lol
Not only bks of its tough duration which exhausted both players energy, but their talented movement, their top skills and courage, make all the audiences stared at them five more hours!
Though, there's still only one who can survive from the serve, both of them win our admiration for sure. i have never heard of Fernando VERDASCO before but now i do. we will have this match in our minds as you do! besides, hope to see you again soon in other sessions.
We are so lucky to watch the longest game in AUSOPEN! Thank you and good luck! ^^

Popular posts from this blog

想做的事有靈感了

EMLYON

Product Marketing Manager Interview @Amazon BJ office 北京亞馬遜產品營銷經理面試經驗分享